Strong metals for the high-tech world
We tailor our customer services, development and production to suit the requirements of our markets.
The market defines what properties are required of our products. In order to best serve our different markets, we group our activities into business units. This ensures that we can build strong working relation with all of our customers, while offering them made-to-measure product solutions. We continue this focused customer relationship management during the development and production stages.
The following product solutions illustrate the versatility and capabilities of the Plansee Group.
The Plansee Group helps increase the performance and service life of machinery, tools and high-temperature furnaces through its materials solutions.
- Heater elements for high-temperature and vacuum furnaces
- Temperature-resistant components for coating plants
- Coating materials for tools
- Nozzles for plastic injection molding
- Electrodes, tank cladding and stirrers for glass manufacture
- Shearing blades, cutting wheels and lens tools for the glass industry
- Tools for shaping and processing
- High-performance tools made from hard metals using cutting inserts
- Tools for diamond production
Medical-device manufacturers are increasingly relying on Plansee Group’s state-of-the-art products. Our key components are used in CAT scanners, radiotherapy equipment, dental drills and prosthetic products. Your health is our concern.
- Carbide components for dental instruments and the whole medical industry
- Components which generate, direct and shield radiation for use in X-ray machines and oncological irradiation devices
The construction industry
Whether they are used in civil engineering, road building or tunneling, hard metal tools for working wood and stone ensure rapid progress on site.
- Tools for wood and stone working
- Drilling and milling tools for tunnel boring
- Milling tools for road building
- Carbide compacts for the agriculture industry (ploughs and blades)
- Forming tools for producing nails, rivets and screws
The semiconductor industry
Smaller, hotter and even more efficient: the Plansee Group is responding to trends in the semiconductor industry for increasing miniaturization and enhancing performance. Our products play a major part in semiconductor production and electronic component cooling.
- Components and spare parts for ion implantation
- Heat sinks and heat spreaders for semiconductors
- Tiny drills for the processing of PCBs
- Components for manufacturing semiconductor layers (MOCVD)
- Wires for tantalum capacitors
- Baseplates for power electronics